At Pain & Spine Specialists of Idaho, we offer Eastern Idaho pain management therapy. With clinics in Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Blackfoot, and Pocatello, and with the help of many trained and experienced providers, we provide treatment options you won’t find anywhere else in Idaho. We will diagnose the cause of your pain and provide the appropriate treatment.
We offer the following treatments:
- CAUDAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – This form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy involves an injection of steroid-anesthetic medication through an opening in the sacrum. This can reduce inflammation and swelling of spinal nerves.
- CERVICAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – Pinched nerves in the cervical spine often result in pain in the neck, shoulders, and arms. With this treatment, we can reduce inflammation and pain resulting from herniated discs or spinal stenosis.
- CERVICAL SELECTIVE NERVE ROOT BLOCK – This can treat herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and radiculopathy. It is an injection of medication that can relieve pain in the neck, shoulders, and arms.
- FACET JOINT INJECTIONS – The facet joints are located on both sides of the back of the spine. Pain results when these joints become inflamed or irritated in some way. Our facet joint injections can help us determine the source of the pain, as well as alleviate it.
- GENICULAR NERVE ABLATION – This form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy works with the genicular nerves. These transmit pain signals from the knee to the brain. We use radiofrequency to heat up the genicular nerves, thus disrupting them. This can result in relief from long-term pain.
- KYPHOPLASTY – Osteoporosis can cause painful spine fractures. Kyphoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure that can provide fast relief from back pain, as well as straighten the spine.
- LUMBAR SYMPATHETIC BLOCK – This form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy is used to numb branches of nerves in the lower back. This allows our doctors to find and treat various problems involving these nerves.
- MEDICAL BRANCH BLOCK – Facet joints are located between the vertebrae and the spine. This is a diagnostic procedure used to identify and treat facet joints that are in pain.
- PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) INJECTION OVERVIEW – We can relieve chronic pain and heal injured tissues and joints with an injection of a concentrated mixture of the patient’s own blood.
- SACROILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS AND DENERVATION – The sacroiliac joint is located at the juncture spine and hip bone. This injection can treat arthritis of the sacroiliac joint.
- SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR IMPLANT – We can relieve chronic back, arm, and leg pain through the use of electrical pulses.
- STELLATE GANGLION BLOCK – Pain is often caused by sympathetic nerves, such as in the case of shingles and complex regional pain syndromes. This treatment can both diagnose and treat these problems.
- THORACIC FACET RADIOFREQUENCY NEUROTOMY – Damage to facet joints can be very painful. This procedure allows us to disrupt the medial branch nerves, which send pain signals. We offer this treatment with a local anesthetic.
- TRIGGER POINT INJECTIONS – Trigger points are small knots that can form in the muscles or fascia. Trigger point injection is a form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy that can relieve the pain of trigger points.
- SUPERION INDIRECT DECOMPRESSION SYSTEM – This is used to treat Lumbar Spinal Stenosis caused by the wearing down of soft tissue between the vertebrae (usually as a result of age). This condition puts pain and pressure on the nerves in the lower back. Our Superion Indirect Decompression System acts as an extension blocker, keeping the spine extended.
- CELIAC PLEXUS BLOCK – This is a nerve-blocking procedure used to both diagnose and treat abdominal pain.
- CERVICAL FACET RADIOFREQUENCY NEUROTOMY – This is a form of neck facet joint treatment via the application of heat through radio waves.
- CERVICAL TRANSFORAMINAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – Herniated discs and spinal stenosis can result in nerve compression, causing pain in the neck, shoulder, and arm. This often results from the compression of a nerve root in the cervical spine. This form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy is an injection that can relieve inflammation, swelling, and pain.
- FLUOROSCOPIC GUIDED HIP INJECTION – This involves the injection of numbing and anti-inflammatory medications to treat arthritis and hip joint problems.
- Genicular Nerve Block – The genicular nerves transmit pain signals from the knee to the brain. Genicular Nerve Block involves an injection of anesthetic to these nerves.
- INTRATHECAL PUMP IMPLANT – The intrathecal space is the area surrounding the spinal cord. We can relieve pain by applying small amounts of medicine to this area.
- LUMBAR EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – With this injection, we can reduce swelling and inflammation in the lower back and legs.
- LUMBAR TRANSFORAMINAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – This form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy involves the injection of a steroid-anesthetic medication to treat swelling and inflammation of various spinal nerves specifically in the lower back.
- MYOFASCIAL RELEASE – Fascia tissue is a matrix connecting the muscles and various organs. Myofascial release is a form of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy we offer that can treat pain and tension resulting from damaged fascia.
- SPINAL CORD STIMULATION – This involves the alleviation of chronic back, arm, and leg pain through the use of electrical impulses.
- THORACIC EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – Steroid injections can relieve pain in the upper back.
- THORACIC TRANSFORMINAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION – This is an injection used to treat pain in the upper back, ribs, and abdomen resulting from a pinched nerve in the thoracic spine.
- ULTRASOUND-GUIDED INJECTION FOR SHOULDER PAIN – Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and adhesive capsulitis can be treated with our Ultra-sound Guided Injection of inflammation-reducing steroids.
You don’t have to live with chronic pain. All of the above forms of Eastern Idaho pain management therapy are performed in a clean, safe environment by medical professionals. Our providers have extensive training and education, and years of experience that allows them to perform these procedures safely and effectively. You will find our clinic to be a relaxing place to be, and our staff is friendly and ready to hear and address any of your concerns. Of course, we offer all of the appropriate local anesthetics for our procedures. You don’t have to worry about pain or discomfort.
We offer treatment for a wide range of conditions that create chronic pain, including:
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Back Pain-Overview
- Compression Fractures Of The Spine
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Herniated Discs
- Metastatic Cancer Of The Spine
- Peripheral Neuralgia
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
Schedule an appointment for the Eastern Idaho pain management therapy that you need!